Re: Quests, quests, quests...

NEWS:
It seems my opinion about Materia Magica was too hasty, I pretty soon discovered it also has level-dependent limitations, initially restricting both the movement, and the activities allowed to be performed, plus the impossibility of purchasing any armor, weapon, or other equipment with a level-requirement.

However the good news is, that I finally did find a mud without such restrictions after all, right when I was about giving up the search, and the hope of its existence at all.

The name is: Clok
Finalyy, no leveling up system there, which usually prevents all types of the above mentioned, level-dependent restrictions, which were annoying me this much all the time!
Finally, I can go wherever I want, pick an activity whichever I want, normally all that at my own risk, and the only requirement for getting, that is to buying items is game-currency, (instead of minimum level or experience), while the way of earning that currency is totally up to me, so all the choices, possibilities, and decisions are totally free in Clok, no limitations, right from the very start of the game!
Furthermore, in that MUD, there is no chosen path, meaning, no action, no move, no decision one makes totally in vain, all actions are monitored, and rewarded with skill increases in the adequate, related, or associated categories, professions, activities, or statistics.

There are only 2 things I regret in Clok, the 1st one is the lack of a more sophisticated soundpack, which would significantly improve the gameplay-experience, (the currently existing one is quite a poor one to be honest, especially for such a diverse game), while the 2nd lack is tightly related to the discussion-topic of this very forum-thread:
Namely, due the lack of levels, quests, restrictions, and main story-line, the number of regular, active players in Clok is very low, usually it remains under 10 during the whole day.
But that is no wonder, after all the discuss ion in this forum-thread has proven to me, that my "old-style, old-fashioned" gamer-type, who prefers the total freedom of actions and movement in games, and disapproves all types of limitations and restrictions in them, (either caused by the leveling up system, or by the main story-line and its obligatory quests), has unfortunately fallen into a significant minority in modern gameworld.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector