Cyber assault mud

Well as I said in the topic about five top muds I decided to give cyber assault a try.
My character is imaginatively called "dark" (yes, you would never guess that was me would you).

for anyone not familiar with the game, Cyber assault is a scifi themed mud with pop culture and semi post appocalypse elements, though I believe it's more fun than grim, ---- grimly fun?
either way connection info is cyberassault.org port 1111.

The mechanics at the moment rather look like Alteraeon with guns and aliens rather than swords and dragons, but I literally have only just started, indeed if any veteran players want to give a little more info about the game and it's unique features feel free.

first, I found the "blind filter" thanks to a kind person on chat, though any other handy in game toggles and screen reader fixes I should know? it is a slight issue the game doesn't have a screen reader help section to help with that info, though that is a db entry might be able to help with.

On a more basic level, any suggestions on which class is good for soloing? I have had a  look at the descriptionsfor the classes, and other than highlander being hardcore, crazy being basically like a mage in other games and borg being literally walking tanks I'm not exactly sure what some of the others do.
Mercenary seems like a fairly average jack of all trades with a speciality in guns or swords, but I'm not really sure how they differ from predators.

Stalkers look like thieves, and callers seem to be of the ranger/druid type, ---- which does incline me to play one though right now I'm about 9 levels in would like to know a little more before committing myself, in particular which class is good for solo exploring.

Second, I have more practices than I know what to do with right now. It would seem to make sense to at least practice some basic weapon type skills, but I'm not sur e which as typing practice gets me a huuuuuuge! list, and unlike something like alteraeon it doesn't appear you get a few class specific skills each level to decide whether to invest in and play with.

I now need to break for tea, but I'll probably be back later, as I said I'm Dark on there if anyone wants to give me a yell.

Btw, I do here there iss a soundpack which is of course cool, though it'd be nice to see how things work just in text for a bit, particularly if I am to write a db entry.