Re: Cyber assault mud

Well I've been running around, doing quests and such however I'm finding a few things that are odd, and I still! don't know what the heck to spend practices on.

First, the taxi thing didn't work.
I asked on the newbie channel and was told the command was "hail" but typing hail on it's own didn't do any good. I don't seem to be able to choose a class until level 40. That is okay since i'm levelling quickly and getting quest points and such, but I'm not finding combat or the game that interesting thus far because firstly I have no abilities to use meaning I'm just typing "kill" and waiting, and second I don't know what equipment to use or what to buy, again lots of options, no clear idea of what does what, though I believe I need to buy a scanner or something.

I'm also a bit confused as to areas since I'm told I should be as a newbie ins eomwhere called "high point" and yet I'm in a destroyed town called mo town which I understand is the main hub zone of the game, ---- hmmm, most weird.
I also remember when I went through the bootcamp tutorial zone being told to give the newbie guide I found to delray, the chap in the library, and yet I gave it to him and nothing happened.

then I got killed and have no idea why exactly, I just ran into a mob that instakilled me, which probably wouldn't have happened I could know where to find a semi good weapon or use some abilities, either way combat still seems a little quick and spammy to me, even with the fight spam and blind filters.

I also couldn't find where to buy insurance, I went to the mortician in the hospital, but all he was selling was healing stuff

On the plus side for someone who likes lots of quests there are certainly lots in this game, indeed nearly every npc seems to be a quest master which looks good, plus of course there are random collection and item q uests that Alteraeon doesn't have which could break up the kill fest, and I do think the class progression could be interesting once Iactually get to know what to use my practices on and have some things to do.

Of course these are teething troubles, though I will confess I'm finding cyber assault less newbie friendly than most muds, or at least less easy to know where to get stuck in to the aspects of the game.

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Viclious via Audiogames-reflector