Re: 6 Swords - Fantasy Adventure game for Amazon Echo

Oh, hey! I didn't see it had spilled onto a second page. :-)

I did do "21 black jack", but I'm not sure that really counts!

Someone asked me to do chess once, but I was afraid that it would be hard to craft a good user experience. There's just too much going on. One of the most challenging things, so far, in Six Swords was giving the results of a combat. You've got 20 to 40 lines of A hits/misses B with a C for D damage and does/not kill. That was really tedious to listen to in the first draft. So I put a lot of work into trying to condense it down into a much easier to listen to narrative discourse. And, even as it is, it still needs more work.

So with a chess board, or a hand of cards, you need to be able to list everything in play so that if you lose track you can work out what your options are. If you have a whole bunch of things that can, potentially, be in play at any time, it gets problematic. And that's the thing. It 9;s not hard to program, it's hard to make playable.

That being said, I played Magic the Gathering for a while about 20 years ago. I'm not that up to date on card games. If you want to point me at a card game or board game you think might be suitable, I'll take a look. Ideally a game that is either open source, or someone who has said it is OK to use their intellectual property in other mediums. (Six Swords is based on the "Old School Reference and Index Compendium" because it has an open license.)

If someone here has written a card game or something they think would make a good audio game, I'm happy to look at that too.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : supermalavox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : supermalavox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tony78 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tony78 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tony78 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : MikeFont via Audiogames-reflector