Re: Apple Air Pod alternatives?

I ended up getting Airpods as well, and it happened around Easter. Took forever for the easter eggs to finally be shipped, but I'd have to say it's worth it. Was cool to do a Skype call on them anyways and switch devices in a couple taps without the usual iPhone 7 they were used with. They're not perfect though: I wouldn't mind at least a previous/next control, and a volume up/down would be nice though not as necessary.
Now that I think about it, why could this not be done already? They do have the "Siri Summon" trick going, why not use the tap left to go to previous track or something similar?