Re: Monthly chat June 2017

@Sito, Swamp is awesome, I need to get back to it myself, as I've loved playing it on every occasion I tried, but haven't been able to do it successively, however now I have a desktop and an actual mouse (since playing on a laptop trackpad didnt' do it).

@Aprone, [[wow]]! you sound quite the handy man. I always admire people who can do sort of practical stuff like this, since I find myself that clumsiness combined with lack of eyeballs does rather get in the way, changing lightbulbs is about my limit, though fortunately one of the advantages in having the council as my landlord is that most plumbing and electrician type issues, ---- not to mention taking care of the lawn are done by them directly, though some of their priorities can be a little nuts!

I recall a couple of months ago several light fittings in my flat needed replacing (not just the bulbs, but the hole socket they go in). When it was just the one in the bathroom I didn't bother, since it's not as if you need lots of light to take a bath,  but when both the living room and kitchen went in rapid succession I something needed doing.

the council initially told me  waiting time for an electrician would be over a month. When however they found out one of the broken light fixtures was the one in the kitchen they instantly said "[[wow]]! a food preparation area is a priority, as preparing food in the dark is a health hazard! someone will be around to fix the kitchin light fitting tomorrow, --- but the bathroom will have to wait"

I did actually point out to them that Mrs. Dark is totally blind and I am mostly blind and probably use my other senses as much as my vision anyway, (I thought it was only fair), but they were absolutely adamant on the subject, also absolutely adamant on the fact that the electrician could only! fix the kitchen fixture and the others would have to wait for another appointment  big_smile.

As it happened the  electrician was a jolly nice chap (as is quite with the council maintenance people), and was quite happy to replace all the light fixtures in one go (he was actually quite amused about the council's regulations) big_smile.

So I hoep this teaches everyone on the forum that you must! turn the lights on in the kitchen, --- -whether you can see them or not! big_smile.

As for me I've not got too much extra to report, though I will say the new Alter event sounds great. My lady loves angels so it's come at the right time.
I also have undertaken a couple more quests and intend to get back into the game on a regular basis, picking up where I left off, parti cularly since I do fancy having a go at these crafting skills (indeed methinks the Alteraeon entry in the db might need updating with details).

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sito via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sito via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sito via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sito via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sito via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : saiteja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mariaespino26 via Audiogames-reflector