Re: Monthly chat June 2017

phil wrote:

She probably imagined you as a sexy scruff take charge whisky drinking rebel.

Well rebel certainly given I'm not a fan of much mainstream, wisky drinking, ---- on occasion if it's a good wisky.
"scruff?" Well isn't that just a slob with attitude?
As to take charge, that is something I do not do. After all I don't have a compatible port for a standard 15 amp wall plug or even a place one can plug a usb charging cable.

I did hear apple were were trying something with their new "human interface", but it wasn't popular, in fact when the idea was proposed most people told them to stick it up their you know what big_smile.

Glad things are fun mariaespino, when you say washing dishes, do you mean as a job at a restaurant or gene rally? I tend to find it's me that usually does the washing up for myself and mrs. Dark while she tends to try and put things away, mostly because I mind doing it considerably less than she does.

Well things for me are fun. I've been doing a lot of playing alter, and Mrs. dark even had her first try. She found the experience somewhat confusing both in terms of mapping and not realizing to miss off room descriptions for combat, still she's going to give it another go and see if she can track down the carver shaman for the first quest. Actually she's being quite hard on herself for not getting along better, but since she's never played a computer rpg before, or indeed any sort of text game there is going to be a learning curve, though she does enjoy the sounds, music, quests etc.

She's a druid cleric.

As for me I'm enjoying getting back to the game, there are some new things on Arcase I need to take care of, particularly the ghost orcs quests, though annoyingly my minians keep attacking the slaves which is a pain.

I've sent off a couple of new book reviews and am now reading Belgarath the sorcerer by david eddings.

I read  before many years ago but as I recently redid the main series it occurred to me to do the prequals.
On the one hand it is fun, on the other, Polgara is really! rather irritating.
What amuses me is that some of the more sexist and rather idiotic bits come across as sort of adorable rather than annoying, for example when Belgarath's wife tells him she likes him to say sher loves her, and he complains "I will never understand women" big_smile.

I wasn't going to write a review of the book, but since it seems fantasybookreview.co.uk don't have any reviews of them I might do one after all.