Re: I'm kind of concerned about the culture surrounding usability

Ah I have my own axe to grind with the NFB, AFB, RNIB, BFB and so forth. I wasn't actually aware that the BFB was a thing, the British Federation for the BLind, or they used 'tactics' to get certain movies banned by screaming it'll demean blind people. Bonus points if you know the movie I'm specificially referiring to FWIW I watched a streamed version of that movie a while ago and took it for what it was, a good movie...no need to get all militant and basically speak for every blind user, as everyone is different honestly, after all we're all different on the forum, and I've actually got sources inside PCARS 2 who have told me nothing has changed re: making the game accessible friendly, but that things may improve in patches....then again, I said my views on the first game's developer forum, and got blasted for daring, DARING to say disabled people might pick up the game. Spoiler alert: I picked up the game, learned it, and had my fun with i t.

Either way, you're right, you do attract more flies with honey, but shit attracts even more flies sadly and it does seem to me that there's a certain section that loves to go throwing said fecal matter around to impose their views on everyone else and screw whatever happens after that. It's stupid honestly, it's stpid that it's even a thing, but I do think the differing levels of blindness do play a part, somebody who is sighted has different needs (well....partially sighted I mean) than somebody who is fully blind or somebody who was rendered blind by, say, a car wreck or whatever, yet I also think society has  arole to play in this, in that they lump disabled people into one giant box and basically, as said, shove us away.

I'm honestly worried for Thursday, the election and what Corbin, if he gets in, will do to the welfare and benefits system here (I'm currently over the sheep happy side of the ocean....yay), but I also don&# 039;t trust any of the other parties to increase benefit spending either, or to even cut my lifetime benefits to save money, despite them saying they won't, I don't trust the main political parites to turn around and then do that as a cost cutting measure.

Also, I do think hthe NFB/RNIB/etc attitudes need to change honestly, they need to get with the timesand update their teaching methods, I have family who are involved in education and I was told by relatives that the blind kids are still being taught Braille and told, paraphrasing, Braille is what you will be taught, you don't need computers. Though, that may only be regional, I'm not sure, I'd have to go around the country to check and find out....

Lastly, I do wonder why certain disabled people seem 'jealous' of other disabled people, I was at the first Invictus Games in London, and if things worked out I'd have gone to the Canadian ones, but I personally knew blind people who were crapping on the wounded and disabled servicemen and women for not being 'their' disabled, it made me physically ill. Is that how low people stoop, the 'you are not blind so don't talkk to me' attitude? I've heard it describe as blind racism, and I think that is a pretty apt description of it, though naturally it seems worse in certain corners of the internets.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Locutus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector