PhantasyRPG: Old Browser-Based RPG, New Direction

Hey there,

So, it's been forever since I've been on the forum, but here I am, and some of you might be interested in what follows.

In the past, I've mentioned a game called PhantasyRPG (yeah yeah, bit of a silly name, I know, but bear with me). Some of my posts have been good, and some have been...well, not so good. The game has had a pretty colourful history.

But the reason I'm writing now is that it's appeared to have turned a corner. Ownership has passed to a new and much more forward-thinking person who has both more time and more resources to give the game the love it needs if it wants to survive and flourish. Development is much more active now, and the atmosphere is friendly and quite welcoming.

So now you might be asking, "Okay, so what's it all about?"

Well, PhantasyRPG is a browser-based RPG with unique races, unique classes, magic, mining, blacksmithing, fishing, quests and a friendly player base. Som e features are still being worked on and are thus incomplete, but there's a lot of active development on stuff, and I have a lot of faith that this is a very good time to get in on the ground floor.

The game is about 98% accessible, with only a couple of hurdles to jump. I play it using Jaws and IE, but NVDA works as well. You get around the map using links, and the compass, if you want to go that route instead, is accessible as well. Each "tile", or room if you prefer, has its own text (except in a few areas), so you can sometimes remember an area because of the text there.

The game is very newbie-friendly, with a small but pretty helpful player base. The Hounzalid race gets more HP and a few more stats than other races, but can't use magic at all, so they might be considered harder to play. That said, my main character is a Hounzalid, and I love it.

If any of this sounds interesting to you, check out the following link:
http://www.phantasyrpg.com

A quick note if you decide to sign up: you will see eight check boxes in a row. If you're using Jaws, they're not properly labelled (they weren't for me, anyway). The first four boxes are the male versions of each race, and the next four are female (so the fifth box would be human female, instead of something like rhizard male). In any case, this is one of only a few small accessibility goofs, and I'm working hard with the development team trying to iron these out.
Another such hurdle is an end-game area called the Temple of Shadow. It's full of puzzles and interesting bosses and the like. If you get that far, I will personally assist you with this area, since there are no really good landmarks and it's difficult to know where you're going or what you have to do.

Anyway, I hope to see some of you there!