Re: what do you fear of?

To this day, the only thing I truly fear, is my own mind; it makes everything a lot scarier than it really is.
True story: I was afraid of an every day item, or at least, an every day item that is used by blind and vision impaired individuals, which had a dying battery.  It was making all sorts of psychotic buzzing noises... I was certain it was some sort of critter that had managed to sneak into my room and was getting ready to... I don't know, do whatever it is that critters that buzz loudly and freakishly do.  ON and on it continued for nearly half an hour; I imagined it leaping out of the darkness that blanketed my room at me, enraged and hungry and ready to bite and sting and poison and goodness only knew what, given that I didn't yet know what it might even be!  Being age 12, I decided the most sensible thing to do at 3 in the morning was to put on as much protection as I possibly could; this included a number of pairs of socks on both my hands and feet, a pair of shoes, a tight fitting pair of heavy pants, a few sweatshirts and a jacket, and a hood I managed to use to cover pretty much all of my face.  I knew I wasn't waking anyone up; as I said, I was 12.  If it turned out to be something really stupid i'd never live it down.  I then proceeded to pinpoint the sound to a drawer I hadn't opened in quite some time, but just in case, I listened carefully for a few minutes.  I then opened the drawer and began, attacking, my dying, struggling, once useful but no longer necessary, talking watch!  Rather fiercely!  It wouldn't shut up!