Re: CAEJones games?

@CAE_Jones:

I've been trying to figure out JFIM adventure for ... well, I don't know exactly when it came out. I'm going to go out on a limb and say maybe 6 years? I mostly tried to play it in the new Jekocon console, not the old java based one. In all of that time, I never made it to the garage rooftop. Of course I wasn't literally playing all of that time, but ocasionally I'd pick up the game and try playing it.

Tonight, I finally figured out how some things work. The sound test helped a lot. Not sure why I didn't use it before. I've actually managed to beat the first boss. Pretty cool trick to defeat him.

I don't know what others have figured out, but I have to say, you actually have major potential as a developer.

I think I can finally say a few things that have always been confusing to me. Firstly, the footsteps just are not clean. I don't know why, but there's a double footstep sound every time you tak e one step, and having your ally walking with you adds even more chaos to the step sounds so it's really hard to keep track of things, especially with all the sounds for topography firing. I think if you just changed the footstep sounds to cleaner, single  steps for most of your games, it would go a long way toward making them more understandable. Case and point, Le Petit Planet has cleaner steps and for the most part, I was able to figure out where I was going in that game. Though I do think there's a bug somewhere that prevents items from respawning properly, as I could never find the ring that deals with the duck.

I really like the action RPG style interface. I like how you can bring up your inventory on the fly and do various things. Combat seems a little bit button mashy though. To be fair, the first boss isn't button mashy at all. I just didn't realize I needed to do something specific and kept running in swinging my sword for like 4 respawns, lo l.

I hope you'll return to working on these console games a little bit. Jeko Prime has some potential, but I'm assuming basically none of the story mode was actually completed as all I could seem to do was walk around maps. DBGU I still can't figure out how to advance, since walking in either direction just steps infinitely without doing anything or finding any enemies. I imagine I have to find a platform or something.

Seriously though, JFIM has a lot of potential. It's  already got some neat things that a lot of games still don't have, like actual 3D movement. Even though it was kind of annoying to walk off the roof of the garage like 4 times before I figured that part out, it was still neat that I could do it.

I remember you posted some demos a while back of Triastria and something called PS3. PS3 looked like an improved version of the JFIM adventure, and Triastria just looked neat based on the demo you posted. I know you're wor king on Dark Clashers right now, but I hope you'll return to some of your old projects. They are actually pretty cool once you take the time to figure them out. You make the type of games I love, and if feedback helps you at all, I'd be happy to help you test any of your products now that I think I've figured out how you usually code some of your mechanics. You've got a lot of neat ideas. Perhaps your lack of motivation is just due to not enough people being willing to put forth the effort to figure out what kinds of things you've done?

I hope this has helped in some way. I'm going to keep trying to figure out JFIM and perhaps I'll hit up Sengoku Jidai again. That's another game I've always liked the concept of but haven't been able to figure out much of yet.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danang137 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danang137 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danang137 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danang137 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : david_solomon1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Angel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danang137 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : wp85 via Audiogames-reflector