Question about MIDI making without a MIDI keyboard for use in reaper

Hi guys!
As many of you already know, If you add a midi on an instrument track in reaper you'll have a ready track with the notes and such.
My question is How to make those midi tracks in windows?
I've heard some people use QWS.
I read its help but didn't understand how to place notes and chords in a track.
Although it has onscreen keyboard but I want to be able to specify which chord (or melody note) should be played on which beat and also specify the duration by metronome beats.
Because I don't have midi controler keyboard and want to write my pieces like that.
Is QWS capable of something like this? And moreover, How to do this?
I think I would be able to do such a thing with ABC notation but I want something much simpler like QWS.
Speaking of ABC notation: What do you think about it? Has anyone used it? Would it have any use for someone in my situation?
Last but not least, What about drum tracks? Would I be a ble to make those using tools like QWS and import it to reaper on a drum VST like superior drummer?