Re: Monthly chat July 2017

@Cae,  Hopefully your tree isn't the one from the Bible with the apples that give you mysterious knolidge, since making pies of those could be interesting, ---- hay maybe that is why the world is such a  hash and good and evil are so mixed up big_smile.

@Slender, I'm slightly jealous of the water park. Unfortunately in Britain very few people have a private pool (indeed over here it would be seen as a sign of extreme wealth), and the closest public swimming baths to us is not easy to get to. I don't know if this will change when we move but we'll see.

Well my review of Belgarath the sorcerer is up and can be read here I've sent off one for STardust and also need to put one together for sundiver by david brin which is another book in his uplift unive rse (the one with the sentient chimps and dolphins).

Sundiver  is a prequel to the series proper and was good, but no where near as good as the other two uplift books I've read, so putting together a review will be interesting.

Right now Mrs. Dark and I are reading the Time traveller's wife together, which is proving fun (I particularly like the paradoxes), and I'm reading T H White's once and future king, his retelling of the story of King Arthur. I read it back when I was eleven but really wanted to get into it  since I suspect I missed a lot,  and yee gods I really did! a very awesome book thus far, albeit I haven't finished the sword in the stone as yet and I know the book gets considerably grimmer as it goes on.

As people will gather I've also been playing a lot of our great adventure 3, aka Bokerano Daibuken. I would like to put together an English Db page for it, though whether it is a side scroller or an rpg I don't know, since it certainly has the rpg stats and story, but the gameplay is definitely action style like other side scrolling games. If we had an "action/rpg" category I'd use that, but other than Adventure at C: I can't think of other games that would fall into that category so it'll have  be either an rpg or side scroller, actually this is one occasion I rather wish the db would let us give two genre catagorizations instead of one, but ah well.

Tomorrow we're meeting a friend of ours for a bbq which should be fantastic, so we're having a miner day off today which is nice.