Re: Good dedicated servers/vps?

Hi.
I'll recommend Linux as well, even if you are running a server made in BGT.
I'm still quite new to Linux, so for this reason, I chose linode.com which is not the cheepest, but they have some awesome tutorials and getting started articles. The support is fantastic, and they are really great even if you ask the most basic and stupid questions. I started to learn Linux back in december last year, and I started out by knowing close to 0 about Linux. Yes, Linux is a huge learning curve and there is a lot to learn. But if you need a server, this is the way to go, and it's all worth it. Just a half year ago, I never thought I would recommend Linux to someone. smile
So, I managed to get BGT servers to work on Linux using Wine. No, it wasn't easy, but I manage to find a way to get things up and running. It both have good and bad sides, but if you have a stable server which don't crash because of some bugs, you'll never get a more stable server than a Linux server.
I would like to help you getting up and running  if you choose a Linux server, and if you don't wanna mess with Linux stuff, I'll offer you a host for a very cheep price on my server. Please send me a private mail through the forum if you're interested. Then we'll make a fair deal which is fair for everyone... I mean this seriously, and you won't be charged until you're sure you get what you need.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sorressean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sorressean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sorressean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : SLJ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ElwoodIncow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : aaron via Audiogames-reflector