Re: In search of a game to keep my attention...

Weel, Let me put my two cents here:

First of all Shadow line. The game is in japanese so without knowing this language it's not that easy as playing with JGT (a plugin for NVDA by Ian Reed) is not that accurate when talkig about storyline translation. I played Shadow line over 80 hour and I must say it's the best ARPG we have for sure. No idea why, but the overal look reminds me about Legend of zelda, especially the ocarina of time.

Our great adventure III is great example of well crafted scrolling action game with RPG elements and a lot of hidden stuff which will keep you play this one for hours.

If you want to try out mainstream games Lord of the rings: Return of the king is accessible. I've beaten this one long time ago so you could try it out for yourself.