Re: Your ideal Braille display

Sebby, I agree with you. Unlike most people here, I actually started using a braille display and then switched to a notetaker. I don't think I would ever take a step back.

As for the 40-cell problem, I find this to be a problem as well. I really miss that 20% of extra braille per line, but there is no braille display in the market that satisfies my needs for a 40-cell notetaker. This is why I was quite annoyed when HIMS announced their new Braille Sense Polaris with only 32 cells. It makes so much more sense to have a 40-cell display, the most significant reason being that most hardcopy braille is printed with 40 cells per line, so why should electronic braille not be the same?