Re: Your ideal Braille display

I have used school braille notes going back to one that was similar to the original. I think I remember the braille on the mpower and older feeling crisper and more sturdy than that on the apex, but the apex at that time was the earliest version of keysoft 9.0 and the software bugs way outdid any complaints I had about any braille problems. I have seen the bong display that aph use to redistribute on quota funds or something, so lots of people at the blind school I went to got one, but they didn't start getting them until after I graduated. I used an old braillesense onhand for years, and that thing can really take a beating. It still works 6 years later with minimal damage except for the sd card reader for some reason, but the display is surprisingly fine, especially considering all the dusty places i took it. It's successor the U2 mini on the other hand, had a lot to live up to, and it hasn't. I had to get it repaired once this first year, and the display already has several dots glitching. Also, I have never been able to connect it to my phone with bluetooth, but the old one connected to both Iphone and my old android no problem. The fact that the successor to this uses a version of android that is 2 desserts behind (probably already too old for some apps) makes me reluctant to beg the state for one. I very much enjoy the ability to read documents on the display independent of my phone though. It saves battery on my phone, and I can take my display to class and know that I don't have to rely on 2 devices and 2 batteries just to read my notes. I would like a display that had more than 1 line, but then it wouldn't be so portable then would it. The only drawback of document reading displays like the braillesense are for strange nerdy people who want to learn multiple languages of braille, especially non-european languages. lol My dream display would have many braille language tables, and ability to save and edit text documents, and a udio documents as well. Then you could use it to read and listen to song lyrics. It would also have wireless connectivity and be extra durable, as in half a year in rural China shouldn't kill it.