Re: Why I left Linux and Android

Exodus wrote:

With regards to your audio lag, I reckon that's samsung's screen reader at fault, probably  compounded with  the additional overhead of touchwiz. It was always a heavy android skin. My $65 cheapo special goes like hell, I'd go so far as to say it's faster under the finger than voiceover, which has always felt  the slightest bit more sluggish though I do think that is by design more than anything. Anyway, it runs stock android, no overlays or anything and the latest talkback.

Hmm, now that's interesting. I'm still really new to Android so I haven't even tried to fix the lag, but I would really love to do so. What would you recommend me do to try to make the screen more responsive? My first guess is try Talkback, but I don't know how much better or worse it is than Samsung's voice Assist. I guess it's worth a shot though. If that doesn 't do much, then I might have to do something more drastic, which would leave me totally in the dark. Furthermore, I've heard scary stories of how people bricked their Android devices so bad that they had to be serviced to restore to factory operation, and that pretty much stops me in my tracks. So, what do you reckon are my options, or is this just inherent to the device and I shouldn't even bother addressing the lag?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Hrvoje via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Hrvoje via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector