Re: Blindcraft release, is it possible?

SilverMoon wrote:
Swagtastic wrote:

So excited for this project, keep up the amazing work.

As an alternative note.. All of the people complaining about the mouse? It's not hard. It's just different. It only takes around 20 minutes to get used to, and they're literally only 5 dollars. If I can play swamp on the trackpad of a laptop from 2010, you can definitely play it with a wireless $10 mouse from 2017. The only people who don't want mouse functionality are people who have literally never played with a mouse or controller.

I feel like this last statement regarding the mouse is rather an over generalization.
To be quite honest, I have played with a mouse, and back when I used to play console games, did in fact, play with a controller.
However, I still find it easier to play with the keyboard, rather than a mouse. I don't thin k it boils down to experience, but rather people's preferences. So then to say that people haven't used the mouse/controller, and therefore don't want the mouse/controller, I think is a bit of an over generalization.
Also, I think this game should try an be as accessible, to as many people as possible. Not to just the gaming aficionados, but to the newbie as well, who genuinely hasn't used a mouse before, or doesn't possess a controller.

I get what you're saying, and I won't deny it was a bit of a generalization. I enjoy playing with just the keyboard when bpactical as well, but with a game like this, there's a certain degree of precision thatt's ging ot be involved. Minecraft is a much more complex game than, say, Entombed. So personally, I feel like having the option to use a mouse to give yourself that extra little bit of precision when possible would be.. Pretty nice. Do I think it should be absolutely ne cesary? No, probably not. But I think the option should definitely exist.

Niklas wrote:

I think the best way to satisfi anyone is to make the Mouse and Controller Support optional, so the People who wants it, including me, can use it but not everyone has to do it.

Pretty much this.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Swagtastic via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SilverMoon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Swagtastic via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SilverMoon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JCion via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Swagtastic via Audiogames-reflector