Re: Jaws eloquence crash strings

Lol. I give up.
The same poster that said more people bash JAWS than NVDA just proved my point. Most people bash JAWS because of the expensive cost. I don't accept it, but can understand why persons do it.
NVDA's great web support is why I switched to it in the first place. I saw that the Office support wasn't great, but the truly remarkable web support pulled me in from day one. Then, as years go by, I saw the support for PowerPoint, better fixes in Word and Excel, and I'm glad I switched. It gives me easy to reach options to turn off useless information in my browser. Right now, only links and headings, along with shortcut keys, are announced in Firefox for me. As it relates to form fields, NVDA now has support for ARIA placeholder values, which makes knowing the label of a form field much better. I love the elements list, but I also use K and Shift+K to move by links anyway, and NVDA find.
I tried a demo of JAWS a couple days ago, and after I configured it to work like NVDA (that's how deep I'm invested now), I still wasn't satisfied. It kept crashing, some quick keys are not the same, and, it took me several hours just to do all that! Invested in JAWS, nothing is wrong with that, I think how invested you are in the screen reader is the big deal.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : JimmyDub via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dongargon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dongargon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Cryingfire97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sito via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : JimmyDub via Audiogames-reflector