Re: anyone here ever heard of hellblade?

Okay, addressing all the comments.

The voices do tell you when things progress the right way, even though they may contradict what you are supposed to do.  For example, they may so "no, don't go that way" when you are actually supposed to.  They are there as an atmospheric tool and nothing more.  I watched my friend get lost once and he backtracked for nearly 30 minutes in complete silence.

I googled the permadeath, it appears it is a lie, people are actually quite annoyed that the game blatantly suggests it and then don't follow through.

As for the puzzles, I don't know if you can stand in a specific place and then angle the joystick correctly.  What I can say is that I doubt this would work.  The game does not really play off in a building with square rooms.  I have no idea how you would locate a specific portion of any area.  I will check when he plays again though.

as for the camera moving by i tself to fix in the direction you are running, I don't know if it does this, but I doubt that it would not.  It is a 3-D game, if you had to always switch your focus yourself it would frustrate people.  Games with fixed cameras just don't get made anymore.  If that is what you want in a game, rather play JRPG's, they usually have this mechanic.  I recall that both tales of games on PC worked like this.  I used to fix my camera on North, then I could navigate the whole map with the basic four directions without up moving me north the one moment and east the next.

I do think the puzzles would be the deal breaker here though.  I will check it out and let you guys know.  I don't know through how much effort you are willing to go through a game.  If I have to read a guide and count every step just to be able to move I don't really want to play it.  With that said though, I do see ow a game like MGS can be navigat ed since it is basically built on a 4 direction grid that allows 8 direction movement.  But, if this is what you expect here you will be greatly disappointed.

I have a huge game library ranging from the early 90's and I could still play most commercial games this past May.  If someone makes a topic of what you need in a game to make it playable I can list a lot of titles that might be worth trying.  It might take some thinking though since a lot of games have one or two puzzles that would instantly make you get stuck, but I am sure I can contribute.

I think the list should expand, especially with the new OCR in NVDA.  For example, I was curious to see how well it can pick up content in games and I saw that it can read everything in Final Fantasy 9, including menus conversations, HP, MP and whatever else you might need in battle.  Also, that game has fixed camera angles and sectioned areas making it quite easy to navigate if you play with a guide, even if it just lists the exits.  The menu even has a spot that tells you the name of the room you are in.  It is true that usually at least 3 or 4 rooms share the same name, it could at least tell you when you are moving in the right direction at times.

I never mentioned it though because I have no idea how anyone would navigate the world map since the camera is not fixed there, the sectioned areas fall away and so does the ambient noise.  You might be able to play the game half way before you get stuck.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector