Re: Contemplations of A Soon-to-be Adult

@crashmaster no one said it would be easy. Also I'm sorry you weren't told that education is expensive. I saved money by going to community college for my Associates degree but now I have some student loans from my BA degree. I am going to have even more debt thanks to grad school and the fact that I got into one of the top Universities. Still the point isn't how hard it is going to be to pay off college loans, or get a job. That stuff is tough for even a sighted adult. The point is when it comes down to it that being an adult isn't all responsibility, trials, and hardships. You can still maintain some of that inner child and have fun! If you pick a path you are interested in and it leads to a career you like doing then it will be worthwhile in the end. When I graduated high school I was told that this was the beginning of a new adventure! Even though I took public transportation to school, and was a lot more independent it was still just more school for me. It wasn't until 7 years after high school that I am finally starting to feel that things are changing for me. I am finally going to be entering my field and it may take you some time to get there or maybe it won't. The thing to remember is that in college you can take things at your own pace. If things are going to fast take 1 or 2 less classes. If you want all classes that only meet 2 3 days a week you can do that more easily. It may seem scary now but when you are back sitting in class again it will be a lot of the same. The change won't come that drastically.