Re: I need serious help with killer instinct

So, I've been playing for a bit more, I had some people walk me through the dojo lessons... maybe, if I have a friend who has enough patience with me, I'll compile a document detailing each lesson.
But I have two questions: One, how do I turn on combo assist? I'm pretty sure it's automatically on in the Dojo lessons and I got a godlike combo with that so... Yeah.
Secondly, if I'm reading this right, is KI different from MK in the sense that MK had predetermined combo strings and with KI it's highly customizable as long as you're careful? For example, as long as you stay safe and you're not combo broken, could you do a medium kick opener into a kick storm instead of having to press for example Back+MK MK Up+MK?