Re: The Future and past of audio games

What we need is for all the little 1 to 3 man teams of developers to actually band together. Right now we every so often have a new game come out, but yes, like assault said, most are very simular sidescrollers or button mashing fps games. The games that I can say are close to mainstream games are swamp, stw and a hero's call when it comes out. Were still stuck playing mostly games that were played in the 90s or early 2000s by sighted gamers. I'm not bashing developers or anything, its not exactly that development is bad. Its just that we have very few developers and most work entirely on their own. I'm curious to see what would happen if aprone, cae jones and liam erven all worked together, could end up making quite an epic game there.
We need more open world games. Swamp and stw are really all we have as far as that goes. I don't count muds as being audiogames, because they are text based not audio based. I think audio is more emersive and that's wh at we need for the future, more MMO games that are entirely audio, and less of the same run left to right jump pits then oh no an enemie spacebar spacebar spacebar kill and so on.