Envision AI, a Seeing AI alternative that's available world wide

I just found this on the AppleVis forums:

AppleVis forums wrote:

Hi,

My name is Karthik and I have been working with visually impaired users in the Netherlands for the past year to understand ways of enabling independence. In that process, I did a deep dive into artificial intelligence and how it can be a helpful tool for processing and conveying visual information. I found that most of what was in the market were simple object recognition apps that were not very practical to use.

Hence, we built an app called Envision AI, that takes a context-based approach to this problem. Our app can be currently used to:

- Recognise and read texts in their native dialect.
- Explain scenes that camera captures in detail.
- Train and recognise faces of your friends and family.
- Train and recognise your personal objects like wallet, keys or glasses.
- Do context-based recognition, that is, taking a picture of a clock will tell you the time, taking a picture of a window will tell you the weather outside, etc.

The app is still a beta, but available worldwide. We are constantly trying to understand what features are the most important and valuable and how we can continually improve them. So we would really love it if the community here can give the app a try and provide us with active feedback on what they think of it and how it can be improved.

P.S. We understand that we will immediately be compared to Seeing AI and other apps out there. What we can assure you is we are really committed to listening to the community here and work with them to build an app that really really helps them. We are working on this full-time and will be here every day to talk to you.

APP LINK: http://goo.gl/fptaYQ

https://www.applevis.com/forum/ios-ios- … xt-objects