Re: A Little Decoding Challenge

I've finally changed my direction entirely.  I was about to drift off to nap-land on the sofa when an idea popped into my head.  I got up and checked the frequency graph from earlier, and sure enough my hunch was correct and I was looking at it wrong.  When zoomed out, it does very much resemble the normal english frequency graph (stretched to roughly double the length), but when I take the time to zoom in it is clearly wrong.

The frequency of the symbols in the encoded messages jump by 7 each time, or close enough to 7 that I'm saying that's what's happening.  Less than a 0.5% deviation cannot be coincidence, especially not on such a relatively small piece of sample text.

I don't really have time to explore this idea further, but it's given me a new direction to go once I have time to return to this.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : john via Audiogames-reflector