Re: A Little Decoding Challenge

The idea of t as a line break or punctuation made me realize that both samples start with b, so I went back to check, and it also seems that every t-delineated chunk also starts with not just b, but bu. I think ti is more likely punctuation than a line break, since the string "tabu" shows up in the middle of the long sample.
Of course, it could be a coincidence and every sentence starts with the same two letters (in which case, th and wh make the most sense).
Given that our sentence-starting words in this model are buZ and bui, that implies that b is probably w, since we have "who" and "why", but the only 3-letter th words are "the" and "thy", and I'd be even more impressed if the trick here is "thy"
That kinda kills my hypothesis about the single-letter words, though. Are there any common sentence-starting pairs that don't have h as the second letter, and form 3-letter words?

This is, of course, all hanging on the idea that character substitution is what we're at.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : john via Audiogames-reflector