Re: developing a copilot for fsx/p3d, who wants to help me with that?

Hi.
not sure about the number problem, could it work so that if the user wants to set a speed themselves instead of having the co-pilot manage it for them they enter it into a box, like fsxpilot does where you put in the speed and then it tries to get to that speed.
For ils it would just be a case of the co-pilot getting the frequency and then descending to the correct altitude to capture the glideslope, then it could just follow it down.
Visual approaches are more difficult, I think it would need coordinates of where the runway is and certain points at distances away from the runway so it could set speeds, flaps and calculate descent rates.
As for VOR and DME, don't know what to suggest, I don't think even IYP did those or at least I never flew one. The most important thing first off is ils and visual as they are the main types of approaches.
How easy is it to get the co-pilot application to interact with the aircraft, for example when the user says to turn something off the co-pilot has to know how to do that in that specific aircraft.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DjkW25 via Audiogames-reflector