Re: What's wrong with the guide dog schools

I cannot contribute to the discussion of guide dogs and guide dog schools, but I really do need to step in to address some of the dynamics I am seeing in this thread, which I do not understand and which are not sitting well with me.

Nocturnus wrote:

It pains me to see such assumptions being made on this forum about a person who has thus been truthfull to the letter whenever posting out here, but even more so, about a person you know little to nothing about.  We've done as much research into this as we possibly can, so being branded liars/overexagerative is quite an insult and something I've not yet had to deal with on ag net, but I guess there's a first time for everything.  I can't say I've ever had to deal with being cryptically called stupid, either.

It pains me to see assumptions being made about another person's assumptions. Maybe I am just ignorant, but I didn't see anything in posts 2 and 3 that made Nightshade out to be a lyer, or that cripticly called anyone stupid. I am frankly scared that an opinion opposite to one's own has to be attacked like this, and it has seriously changed my feelings about how safe I feel expressing my thoughts and experiences. Okay, if posts 2 and 3 do have assumptions put in them which are totally unfounded, if they do somehow  make Nightshade out to be a lier or say she is stupid, I really do need it pointed out, because I honestly don't see it. Yes, doing research into an issue before commenting is always a good idea, and maybe people aren't doing that and seeming antagonistic because they don't know the truth. I cna't make the call of who is truthful or who is not, but we all have our own experiences, and expressing those is only natural and that's all I saw here. I don't know. I'm just seriously stressed out right now seeing this. Please Nocturnus if you are reading this, do not take this as a personal attack but as a message from someone who is deeply concerned. I normally don't see you writing like this and am frankly very confused.

LordLundin wrote:

@Nocturnus she's your wife yes, is that also why she was granted moderator status only having made 22 posts?
Your defense of her is absolutely ridiculous. No one called her a liar, but to question validity is always something sane to do seeing as their own experiences did not match hers or the ones presented in her data.

Unfortunately any agreement I had with you is tainted and effectively nullified by your temperament. This is not a good way to rationally discuss something, and I don't see the point. This was not the time or place to make such a statement about how Nocturnus will defend Nightshade because she's his wife, which btw I never knew until this thread.

Dark wrote:

Now, might I suggest we get back to the question at hand and stop trying to undermine those asking it.

Very good idea. I still can't understand quite why this thread has gone where it has, which admittedly is the only reason I came here in the first place. It would really put me at ease if we could calmly discuss our differences!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gamedude via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nightshade via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector