Re: Ride, new code editor for blinds

Jscholes, I couldn't have said it any better. Thanks a lot for expressing just what I had on my mind so beautifully. Just gave you a thumbs up for that post, which was the very first time I ever did that on this forum.

Ethin, okay then, now your point of view makes a lot more sense to me. I do apologize for the way and tone in which I addressed you, as well. I do have to admit I was being annoyed by your relatively many posts expressing the same thing over and over again in a pretty harsh way. Maybe if you mentioned your experience with that Visual Studio plugin from the very beginning, it could have made a lot more sense to the others all around, too. When stating an opinion so firmly, it always helps the audience if they can see what you are basing it off.

Of all the statements you made about BGT and its possible purposes and limitations, though, I have to reiterate I do agree that it does have serious limitations for anything beyond strictly Windows based audiogames and that it's not a good environment to choose to develop a code editor of any sort, most notably because it lacks any support for GUI's whatsoever, its file i/o is rather limited, and it lacks any decent and more advanced string parsing functions, to name just a few major drawbacks.

I was not saying you were being a know-it-all about BGT or that you were wrong, but rather I was refering only to your demeanor. Yeah, communicating your thoughts just textually, without the ability to convey emotion and tone, can be misleading a lot of the time. I would just have appreciated more background information to prevent the initial surface impression that you are just bragging and condemning others for their opinions and choices, possibly limited because of lack of different or more diverse experience, more than anything else.

Lukas

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : gabriel-schuck via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : gabriel-schuck via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jscholes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Amit via Audiogames-reflector