Re: Ride, new code editor for blinds

@Rastislav Kiss, Visual Studio is only for a few languages my ass. Excuse me, but are you deliberately trying to make your editor look better than an editor that is probably older than you, and that is made by a company with wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more experience in this kind of thing than you are? That's a very bold statement to make and clearly shows you don't really no shit about visual studio at all. Visual Studio has, out of the box, support for Visual BASIC, Visual C#, Visual C++, Visual F#, SQL, Azure, and several others. Install VisualD and you have support for the D programming language. Install RemObjects Elements and it adds RemObjects Silver (Swift), RemObjects Oxygene (advanced Pascal), RemObjects C#, and RemObjects Iodine (Java). Let's not forget that all four of these languages -- Silver, Oxygene, Iodine, and C# -- that come with RemObjects not only can compile to the .NET platform, but also have the support to be built for Mac OS X, Android, JVM, and native code! So, excuse me for sounding harsh when I say that it sounds like your trying to make your editor look better than visual studio is... sorry, but that's just not going to work. I can easily write BGT code in it: I create a new blank solution, add a text file with the .bgt file extension and boom, I can write BGT code in it! Sure, I won't have all the advanced functions of a programming language editor but I can still write code for BGT. Let's not forget that looking on the Visual Studio marketplace for other languages brings up many, many others, including Kotlin, Liquid Languages, Java, Razor, SQF, C#, Pascal, Twig, and Flow. And that's not counting the numerous languages visual studio code supports either!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : gabriel-schuck via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : gabriel-schuck via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jscholes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Amit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Amit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector