Re: Clicker/iddle games

Hi All,

I too wanted to give this game a try. I wanted to know what the buzz was all about, and I love cookies! Not wanting to be left out due to inaccessibility, I decided to seek sighted assistance.

We were able to figure out how to get Cookie Clicker started. I am using JAWS so these instructions will need to be tweaked. The cookie appears to be an unlabeled and unrecognized graphic on the screen, so you can't click on it with conventional means. What I ended up doing was routing the JAWS cursor to the PC cursor, once I was at the line which shows "0 cookies" just near your bakery's name. Then I had to move the mouse pointer down (Alt+Shift+down, I'm using laptop layout), about thirty times, give or take. That will put your mouse pointer in the middle of the cookie so you can activate the Left Mouse Button and start clicking away. I believe the first incentive (the cursor) costs 15 cookies. The next is Grandma, at 100 cookies or so. These unlockable items and everything else that you will do with the game is clearly labeled and accessible. The rows of question marks turn into unlockable achievements as your cookie numbers grow.

Once you set up the game by buying these unlockable achievements, you won't need to click on the cookie. I've unlocked a cookie farm and a cookie mine, and you may buy more than one of each item.

Once my cookies started coming at a reasonable rate, I found that it's actually more fun to read the news items that come up like,

News : "I'm not addicted to cookies. That's just speculation by fans with too much free time", reveals celebrity.

I hope this helps, for anyone who is interested in giving this game a try.

Mirage wrote:

How did you all play Cookie Clicker?
I wanted to try it, but I never could find the image of the cookie to click.
I saw something that said, "You want to bake cookies, but nobody wants to eat your cookies." I tried clicking that, but nothing happened.