Re: Does holding sounds in memory make sense?

So probably Code #3 with some way to distinguish needed sounds?
@Lukas: what do you mean by 'BGT's cloning feature'?
Yeah, I am developing bgt kit, in each language which I am planning to seriously use, avoiding Python. In c++ it have lots of features, including Soundpool and phononpool, which is currently in progress to provide immersive hrtf with BGT like notation. That is btw also the reason why I am considering to preload sounds to the memory, it is needed to convert them into the raw data to work properly with Phonon, so this can save cpu performance used for conversions.

Greetings

Rastislav