Re: Reinstalling sound Drivers after Clean install??

Hello,

you can just upgrade the realtek drivers without an externel usb sound card, in most cases. Do watch the volume though, when the driver upgrades the volume can get set to maximum.

I have had the exact same issue, wanting to connect a 5.1 surround sound set to my system. The sollution is using an older driver. The driver that works for me has filename 0007-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R280.exe. I'd be willing to upload it, but it is quite large so if you can find a source of your own that would be quicker.