Re: Microsoft outlook is pissing me off!

"Orko, that was one of the first things I tried, and a lovely message popped up telling me that I needed to immport the files  by running outlook.

What has actually happened is we needed to give the computer back to the very nice local firm who did my lady's upgrade in the first place, who have had to basically get into outlook via  registry backend  restore outlook back to factory settings as outlook didn't know the difference between microsoft mail and google.

God it's stupid!
this is one of the cases where my lady and I disagree, I've hated outlook for years finding it a bloated, over complex  waste of space, but all her contacts, past emails etc are already configured to run with it so she's a little stuck.

I've used windows 10 mail for the past year, but this case has actually spurred me to try something else. I'm trying outlook express (and remembering why! I liked the program so much and why I think microsoft are such  idiots for abandoning something so simple and effective).

Though I'm not against the idea of trying something a little more modern like thunderbird if it has a working address book, but as I've already mentioned this in the outlook express topic I'll not repeat myself here.

Luckily for me, I don't save emails as emails and I've still got all my contacts saved as a straight text file so importing them into whatever mail  won't be a problem, indeed this is one of my dissatisfactions with windows 10 default mail, trying to manage contacts in the thing, either creating new ones or anything else is a bloody pain in the kneck!