Re: Why Must People Crack Games

I have no real issue with pirating commercial software unless it is easily within your financial grasp, if you want to have sleepless nights over it because it messes up your moral compass than fine, but so far as I'm concerned, the artists were paid long ago if it's been out for a while, and they often make shamefully low amounts of money for royalties if that's how their doing it, so many of the smarter ones will (try) for a publisher that will pay them up front, get onto one of those artist collective platforms that doesn't take much of your cut, or just start their own, independent label.
Even large music publishers are realizing the futility of trying to stop this, putting out their songs on youtube under their official channel name before others can, often not allowing reuploads so that everyone knows where to go and the small amount of money from the views gets funneled directly back to them, then they make most of their real money off of online merch and concert tickets.
And while I do understand that these companies need allot of cash to fund new projects, I also know how much their CEO's make, and all the extra stuff that gets put into oversees accounts and cash grab schemes like premium subscriptions that don't really give you anything for your money.

Screwing over indi devs is not acceptable though, so I agree that we should try to foster a culture of paying for other people's games more, but that really only happens when it's a big title like Swamp or AHC, so if you wana play something that you've heard all about that's a few years old, your kinda out of luck.
Now, if your a nice person, and you know enough English, than yeah, your chances are pretty good, and what Jade said about spending the time asking for cracks on asking for someone to pay for it instead rings very true to me, even if the rest of his post was pretty hard headed IMO.

This still leaves a bunch of kids in countries like Iran, who tend to have bad attitudes because, and I've found this out by talking to a few of them, they are well aware that they have no future if they don't get out of the country, which is very hard to do, many people look down on them from day to day and see them as incapable of doing anything, to a much greater degree than most of the west even, and this is their only escape from that reality.
That's a very hard thing to live with as a kid, and I can easily see why it shapes them in bad ways, even if it doesn't (excuse) their behavior.
Your never really going to get those guys to stop cracking though, all you can hope is that they grow up some and start trying to take their bad situation in stride; some of my best online friends are people like that, and they are more willing than most to help pay for folks in the same boat, even with their small amount of money.