Re: A Hero's Call: an Accessible Fantasy RPG from Out of Sight Games

Jayde wrote:

That's debatable, Ambro. You have a point - it's often quicker to move in true grid style - but moving using the up arrow primarily is more of a first-person-movement thing, and works well given the nature of the audio all around you. I think doing what you suggest would render a lot of the neat audio tricks they've used kind of pointless, and I'd be sad to see them go. Nah, I say leave it the way it is.

Yes Jaide, but do you remember Manamon in which there were a lot of complicate dungeons and no beacons? Why in that game beacons are not necessary? Because the navigation is better in that game. And I think one point of that game that makes the navigation better is moving using all the arrow keys. And if you remember in that game there were dungeons longer and harder than this game. But without beacons in that game I find always my way.
About the audio tricks I think that using the navigation mode I propose will not make the audio radar useless, but will integrate it, because for example, you don't have a radar sounds for objects. And I propose to make a choice, an option that you can activate or not, so if you want to stay with the current navigation mode is not a problem. Only, for my experience, if this navigation mode I propose will be possible, the game will be a lot better.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : enes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Saphira via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : caio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tarantola via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : caio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector