Re: A Hero's Call: an Accessible Fantasy RPG from Out of Sight Games

Joseph Westhouse wrote:

Ambro86, I don't have much to say about the navigation that hasn't already been said. While I understand what you're saying, in theory, at the end of the day you can't simply flip a switch and say "Navigation Option 2 is available." Because the two options are fundamentally different perspectives. The perspective of the game is first-person, not third-person. You exist in the same space as the main character. Could we make the a third-person navigation mode? Yes, but it would not be the game we designed, because we designed a first-person game. If you prefer to navigate in a top-down third-person mode, we have provided this option by allowing you to explore the map in this perspective. But for actually exploring the world—interacting with things, hearing the sounds around you, walking through locations—third-person navigation isn't an option because that's not the way the game is designed.

Hi Joseph, thank you for your kind reply. I understand the perspective of this game. In this second playthrough I'm trying not to use the topdown navigation I was used to. Slowly I can always better understand how to transfer my ability to move from a type of navigation, which in any case I find more intuitive, the topdown one, to the first-person one. In my opinion the disadvantage for a blind person is that his game vision is filtered a lot by the navigation system used in that game. For example, a sighted person does not have this disadvantage. With any type of navigation is used he will always see his character and orientate in the same way. For example, for us, I notice that with the topdown, moving with different arrows, it favors better (according to me) the spatial location of oneself. In any case, I like this game a lot, its history, the audio dialogues, etc., I'm finding other tricks that can make me better orientate in the first-person system. For example, one of these is to orientate me using a wall as a reference point. This is very similar to how I move in reality. But I have noticed that when you move in a complicated area, having the wall as a reference point can help you better understand where you are and where you are going.
Thanks again for your work and I hope that over time also will be corrected the bugs when the game crashes without saying anything, and it opens the window that says "A Hero's Call does not respond".
Cheers,
Ambro

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : enes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bcs993 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sir powl via Audiogames-reflector