Re: KNFB reader, is it worth it?

Unfortunately, I've had a negative experience with KNFB Reader, at least the Windows store app.

I bought it last summer when it was on sale, but I didn't get around to testing it until yesterday. I know, that was pretty dumb of me. In any case, each time I tried scanning a document, the entire app crashed. I tried a couple of different things, from instruction manuals I had lying around, to a piece of mail, and even a gift card which I had no clue what it was. Each time, it would scan successfully. Then the app would close, and I would be booted back to my desktop. I'm using an older model Epson Perfection scanner. I can't remember the exact number off the top of my head, but I could easily get it. I know it was from 2010 or maybe 2011.

If it doesn't support older desktop scanners, fine, but really, that should be listed in the help file if that's the case. Speaking of which, I suppose it could be, but even reading that was flaky. It crashed when I tried to advance to the next page a couple of times, so I never finished reading it.