Re: New gamebook on ffproject, New day rising

@Rio Aryo, finding the good ending is the idea in most gamebooks of the ff type, the gorey endings are like a gameover.

Impudent peasant and the black lobster both have good endings (in the case of the Black lobster two different ones actually), not sure on the diamond key since I've not managed to get through that one.

@Jayde, Escape from Nuruanberg keep is imho the worst book on the site, not because of the seriously overdone torture, though that is so extreme and sparsely described it's bad enough, but because your actual choices are fairly minimal.
For all the blood and guts the author rarely gives you chances to influence the actual flow of the story seriously, which is quite a problem, indeed looking at some of her comments on the guestbook she seems basically more interested in the torture than the gamebook side of things big_smile.

As for other books, many I haven't had a serious go with. Outsider I've not managed to finish so I won't be starting this one, similarly, with Ulysses A's commic sf ones, wrong way go back is so completely harsh with the limited time mechanic I've never got through it far enough to try any of his others which is a shame.

Same goes for Hellfire and it's sequel.
Maybe i'm just a completionist, but I always have to get through number 1 before number 2.

Alabar's toom though is one of my favourites on the site, I've finished it three times.
I like the fact  logic actually helps with that one, the only downer is you do have to reroll a bit to get a high skill score, since if you don't have a skill of 10 or higher your pretty much dead meat.