Re: Announcement, musical professor banned from the forum

Read this entire topic, kinda surprised my self.
All I know is that guys say get off my dick in certain places (particularly those where it seems like musical professor might be from based on all his yalls) to other guys all the time, it's just a phrase, I don't blame you for assuming in the moment though.
If I were Nocternus, I'd be upset on my girlfriend's behalf, even if I was trying to disconnect my self from the situation, and Dark lives in the UK, a pretty liberal place for the most part, particularly considering the type of people he probably encounters in his chosen career path all the time.
I'm glad you mods  talked it out first though, a solid idea considering the personal nature, but I don't know who all was involved in that.
If he had said, "get off my dick you stupid bitch and go suck your boyfriend Nocternus's instead" than yeah, fuck that guy, that's cut and dry misogyny, and no one needs that shit poisoning their community.
I don't really think he'll change, but I agree with the one year ban suggestion as well, because of the continued emails.
However even then, a permaban seems a bit over the top, lacking any (credible) or highly graphic, personal threats, since this kind of thing is extremely common in the wider internet, and I'm not even talking the big names like Reddit and 4Chann, so if this is shocking to you than I am both amused, and (honestly) happy for you guys.

Also about this cheating thing, I can't imagine why anyone could give two shits what someone did to their own game or how, as long as they didn't effect anyone else E.G. multiplayer or score board.
In that case it did, and that's not cool, so since the mods have decided to step in on piracy, talking about bans from games, code stealing, hacking and the like, than it follows that they would disallow talking about this as well, but it's pretty hard to police, just like the code stealing.

And yeah, I've seen several topics over the years that basically turned into one of those oil well fires that goes on, and on, and on, right on the front page of which ever room it's in so it's not hard to keep up with, and nothing was done for a very long time about it.
Sometimes the retribution was godly in it's application, though often incomplete, but most other times it was just kind of, capped off after the fact.
With this many mods, I can't find any excuse accept not wanting to deal with the nonsense, which I get, but it's also what you guys signed up for, and if certain members aren't able to do their job and look at recent high traffic in threads or read reports each day 80% of the time do to other obligations, than they should be replaced, no hard feelings from the kind of people who were accepted in the first place I'd hope...
Allot of places have to cycle through admins like this, it's just the nature of the beast.
I don't see everyone being away at once being a likely reason either, considering how many times it's happened, though admittedly it was worse when their were less of you guys.
The response is still often lackluster however.
Maybe we as users just need to report posts more? I usually don't for the really obvious ones as to not flood you guys, but like half of those were never addressed, or only resulted in a warning weeks after the fact, so...

I would also really like to see negative karma come back, it's probably like three times a week that I wish for it.
The reason it was removed in the first place always seemed kind of ridiculously PC and artificial to me anyway, and upvote and downvote, like and dislike has become a standard all over the web for a good reason.
If you have even a slightly thicker skin than the average hormonal teen, which you really should if you intend to use the internet anyway, than this is actually a useful tool to know weather you need to STFU or not, in order to avoid turning people against you, rather than getting them to listen to your argument.
Hence you can modify your delivery, and everyone wins.
I'm not saying it's always a good thing or doesn't cause conflict, but I think we should at least try it out again.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Orko via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Orko via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Orko via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Orko via Audiogames-reflector