Re: Coming up with ideas for a new game project.

hi, I think what we need is a good city building sim. We have a grand total of 0 games in that genre. This doesn't take browser games into account, because I'd really like to see something like this done in audio. I guess some of the same principals that park boss has could be applied here. Major differences would be the requirement of laying down roads to connect buildings, cities skylines style, and also to provide power and water to all homes that require them. In terms of buildings, you'd probably have residential buildings such as homes and apartment buildings, public buildings such as schools and hospitals, industrial buildings like factories and comercial ones, take malls for example. How you would go about this depends on the resources your map has available, for example a river to build hydrodams and water treatment plants, or a nearby cole reserve for mining and export, or to be processed in colefire plants. You'd have to look out for things such as the city's environment, population happyness, living space and infrastructure. Possible aditions to this basic structure would be achievements that you could work towards, such as a certain population level or money reserve. A sort of campagne mode to develop your city into a metropolis would be fun too, though if you do decide to make this, a normal sandbox mode where you can just build and expand for yourself should be a thing also.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : NickAdamson via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mojsior via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Angel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mohammed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rio Aryo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rio Aryo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DjkW25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daniel via Audiogames-reflector