need a little help with alternative magic

hello
these days I downloaded JGT 2.0 to try it out and I considered to replay alternative magic, cause last time I got stuck in the beginning. the nostalgy of playing Japanese games also filled my mind, so in a hurry I downloaded the setup and began playing, in that day, I made some progress. I explored with nero around and got some powerfull items. I battled with Ecuru, my ecscuses if I wrote her name wrong, JGT seems to change her name from éclair, to ecair and ecoure all the time, but long ago when I played it was always ecuru so I decided to let it that way, and I levelled both of them to level 8 that after I finished the shrine of earth. forgot to mention, Nero passed out in that battle, so Ecuru got most of the levels.
I went with the warrior danga back in the milltown, and stole his equipment too just cause he had a great weapon and nice armor. I have a little question to does the spear, sword, gun, flayl and so on levels matter or help me with something? this is related to the magic levels too, cause ecuru has the water magic level to 9 and earth magic level to 8

now i'm stuck at a little story, I saw the magician of light, and he told me about the story. I went in the village and listened the elder, and cause the Japanese translator isn't always the greatest, I could get only most of it. so, now I don't quite know the answers he want's me to have.
I just know the following two answers:
magic is  a symbol of peace for us
and a magician of light on the plateau protects us.
if anyone can help me, I'll truly appreciate
thanks in advance!