Re: A few questions about creating a big game

If I may, I would recommend aiming a bit smaller. If I am understanding what you want to do here, you want to create a large open world game. That's fine and all. In fact, what I would do is create a design document and just make notes on what you want. Next, write down the things you know how to do, and the things you don't know how to do. From there, create a project that uses what you know how to do, but feel free to add some features that you may not know as well, but are able to research. Do limit this to only a 1 or 2 unknown features, though. Finally, select a language and stick with it. Believe me, I know what it is like to jump from language to language. It is as others have said. It doesn't work out to well. You tend to get nothing done. I think C# should have stuff for both server and client programming. If this the language you want to use, go for it. Just make it a language that you are sure you can learn well.
hth

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : gjp1311 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector