would anyone be interested in a walkthrough of Technoshock?

Hi all,
In 2006 I think, I discovered Technoshock and found just how brutally hard it was. The game is still available even now, so you can still download and try it if you want. It's free, so why not? While it's meant for much older versions of Windows, it still works fairly well on newer ones. I highly recommend though that you play the game not only with headphones, but with virtual 3D sound. Playing it just in stereo is considerably more difficult. In order to get virtual 3D you'll have to use things that emulate Direct Sound hardware acceleration. There are solutions even for Win10 that allow for this, and if they don't work or you can't find them, you can use an XP VM and do it, which is probably what I'll end up doing because it's more stable. IF you'd like more information on how to do this, let me know and I will make a post about it.

I recently took an interest in this game again, as I do every couple years. I beat it in 2011, with the help of a lot of cool people in the original Technoshock thread, and I think in 2015 I beat it again. i'd like to have another go at it in 2018, and make it mean something. Lol

Because the game is so hard, I thought a walkthrough would be written for it by now, but it doesn't seem to have happened yet. I started a text walkthrough back in 2011, and it's about 60 percent done, though I never finished it. I have more than once checked it and realized I miswrote something, so it probably would be a while before it's finished.

For years I have been thinking of doing an audio walkthrough. That would force me to be more familiar with the game and would be more entertaining to make. For the record, I was very inspired by Raul Gallegos's walkthroughs of Shades of Doom and GMA Tank Commander. Obviously I am not him and I wouldn't have his style exactly, but it would be a lot of fun for me. The audio walkthrough would be in multiple parts, with each part being a level or story of the game. Doing both a text and an audio version would not only be most helpful for people who work in different ways, but would be a nice way for me to check my info. I would not look at the text while recording the audio though. I would instead rehearse the level before recording so that I'd have it down first.

I plan to use the original sounds of the game, and not a mod. I realize that some people may hate the original sounds, but I believe using a mod will confuse more people. I plan to post my audio walkthrough on Anyaudio, but will also link to it and my text walkthrough on Google Drive eventually. Maybe the text version could be in the articles room when I eventually finish it? We'll have to see, that's a while down the road.

I can't say for sure when anything will be finished, as I really am not good at predicting that. I will be busy for a few weeks from now, so I definitely wouldn't expect it done soon. But, I may be able to start the audio walkthrough and release a few parts of it sooner.

So would anyone be interested in this, or is Technoshock one of those forgotten games that nobody cares about? Lol

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : john via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : vaibhavbhandari via Audiogames-reflector