Re: If there would be a way for getting your sight back, would you do it?

I think we're having the sort of branching conversations that reddit is better for than forums, lol.
It's been said that it's very difficult, if not impossible with current technology, to resolve the precise balance of nature vs nurture, since the magnitude of the impact of one or the other will vary wildly depending on [strike]luck[/strike] circumstance. I'm not sure how much that generalizes to blindness, since visual acuity can be measured.
It's hard to quantify, precisely, but I think it might help if we could put numbers on it—what percentage of the problems related to blindness that you experience do you believe are inherent to blindness, and what percent are the result of social forces?
My top-of-the-head answer is something like 80% social, but I'd need to take a few minutes to break it down in more detail before giving my final answer.
(If you have more categories besides those two, go ahead and include those smile !