Re: Need Help of using VPN for Online Games

@Lindaawilsoon, welcome to the forum! smile As for your question, why are some of those online games not allowing you in? If it's because you did something on them and you got banned.... well, can't help you there. But if it's an actual problem because of location, or just generally because of where you are... or something else, then yes, a VPN would bypass these problems. A few things to note:

  • A VPN should not be used as a ban evasion tool. If you feel you've been banned from something unfairly, then contact the admins for that game privately and not on the forum.

  • A VPN can be tricky to set up. But once it works, it's fun to use. Of course, if it's something like betternet, setup becomes simple. smile

  • A VPN will disguise your location from services which use that information, such as Google, Change.Org, etc. By this I mean it will look like your not where you say you are.

For the first one, I know I'm no moderator on here. Just helping you avoid a mod warning from the moderators on here. smile As for some excellent VPN services, the only ones that I know that work best are Betternet (and your own set-up one, on your own VPS). Digital Ocean provides a guide on setting up OpenVPN on Ubuntu 16.04 (which may apply to later versions, don't know), at https://www.digitalocean.com/community/ … ntu-16-04. As for betternet... I have no idea where to download that anymore.