Re: Why the ads?

Most ads seem to be either one container saying "click", or a stream of "addblclck" that never ends. One of these is tolerable. The other encourages me to turn off _javascript_.
Most of the time, the ads on this site aren't a problem. Occasionally, it will get bad enough in iOS that "a problem occurred with this page so it was reloaded" happens a lot, too much lag, voiceover crashing when I try to do anything, making it impossible to reply, and sometimes to read. In those cases, _javascript_ goes off. That mostly happens here, and occasionally an ad-heavy news site, but that's probably more a result of how few sites I frequent on iOS than anything.