an interesting article about accessibility in virtual reality

Hello there everyone, this is karate25 here and I'd love to share this very interesting article I've been given by a new ally and friend of mine at my former university. This topic will do two things. First of all, you'll be able to click this link and read the article and give feedback on it, but I also have some pretty exciting news for you all. As I said, this article was given to me by a professor at Shenandoah University which is my former college here in Virginia where I'm from, and they're the first college in the state to offer a program in which you're able to major in both augmented and virtual realities to build virtual worlds. I've offered her my services as a guest speaker in her classes via skype since I do that with another professor buddy of mine for his business administration classes about what it's like to be a former blind college student. Well, I'm taking that idea a step further with Doctor Anne Marchant here who is heading up this new virtual reality program, by offering her my services as a guest speaker on what it's like to be a totally blind video and computer gamer, and my ultimate goal is to try and gather together a group of willing team members who would be willing to help me to construct a virtual world that we the totally blind may live in, as well as our sighted counterparts without any sort of assistance from either party. In other words, we wouldn't need any help from the sighted, and the sighted wouldn't need any help from us either but we would both be able to live inside of this virtual world without either party hindering the other with the accessibility features. And that's where you'll all come in. If I'm able to put this team together, I'm going to instruct them all to come here and create accounts on here and then threads, or maybe only a single thread about how we can all work together on making this virtual world the very best that it can be. I'm going to use indeogogo as my crowdfunding site, since I've heard from this very site that it's the most blind friendly and the most flexible as far as funding goes, and I also have resources that I know of that I'll use to find professional voice talent. And I'm going to crowd fund all of this the same way a hero's call was done. I ask that when and if I'm able to gather this team together that you all be very kind and as helpful as you can possibly be in your advice about accessibility features that we can use in this virtual world which will be a futuristic themed one. Have a wonderful day my friends and here's the link to the article. I hope you all enjoy it.  https://www.digitalbodies.net/virtual-r … -impaired/
Also, to make things even more exciting, not only did Professor Marchant not laugh me off or brush me aside, rather she said rather cheerfully that she felt very sure that this was the kind of project that Shenandoah University would gladly stand behind and she's also looking very forward to having me as a guest speaker to explain why accessible tools are important to our community.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector