Re: Jenux OS, From Nash Central

Nash Central (and GennyOS or whatever its called these days) is a pile of shit. I wouldn't use it if I were you. The guy does absolutely no error checking anywhere in his scripts (unless he's absolutely forced to) and when asked for help he says "Oh, it works on my machine...". Right. Like his machines are a wide enough spectrum to test almost all possible hardware setups on. Little tip for you guys wanting to write custom installers for Linux: do not assume that just cause it works on your machine it works on *everything* or *everyone elses*! I'd highly recommend you either follow the Arch Linux setup guide and use Talking Arch, or I can attempt to update my (definitely outdated) setup guide that has worked on both hardware/bare metal and virtual machines. And since its a guide, it can be adapted and altered, unlike an installer script. I'm sorry that this post was a rant, but this guys "auto-install" shit (that most of the time breaks in exactly the *wrong* places, like formatting disks or installing packages, and leaving your system useless) is getting ridiculous. I mean, OK, its really awesome that he can get android on there and all, but he should make it a guide instead of a script. The pace at which Arch Linux moves is far faster than he can update a script in, or even a guide in. A guide though provides the groundwork instructions, and they can be adapted to fit irregular situations. You can find the Arch Linux install guide at https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/in … ion_guide.